Thursday, September 20, 2007

This is a first...

Well, we knew it would happen at some point, and we are thankful that it hasn't happened until now. To what am I referring? FEVER. Annabelle woke up with her first fever this morning, and we made our first "sick" visit to the doctor. I will spare everyone all the details, but suffice it to say, it was a tough doctor visit. She is pretty puny--her eyes have that "I'm sick" look to them, and she (for lack of a better word) "moans" a lot. But she's not totally miserable. We are thinking that it's just a viral infection of some kind that will run its course over the next couple of days, and she has no other symptoms as of now.
The good news at the doctor was that she has gained over a pound in the last month! Thanks to eating like a horse (it seems to me), drinking formula, and being the subject of many prayers, she now weighs 14 pounds, 13 ounces. So we are thankful for that increase, and we hope to keep heading in the upwards direction.
She will be ten months on Monday, and we are so thankful for a wonderful (and healthy) ten months!

2 comments:

Marty said...

Poor gal! I hope she feels better. I am praying for her.

Anonymous said...

Katy and Daniel,
We enjoyed the supper last night, and we were so glad that Annabelle is feeling better. I just discovered your blog from Samuel and Emily's site, so I've been playing catch-up. Yall are both such good writers!! And Annabelle is such a little doll.
Talk to yall soon.
Emily