Thursday, August 28, 2008

MS150

In two weeks (Sept 13-14) I will be riding in the Memphis edition of the MS150, which is an annual bike ride to benefit the Multiple Sclerosis Society. My company forms a team each year for the event, and this will be my first time to participate. Medtronic is also sponsoring a "water stop" along the way which will provide food and beverage to the hundreds of riders passing through.
The ride begins at Graceland on Saturday morning and heads 75 miles south to Tunica. The next morning we start the 75 miles back Graceland.

I have a bit more training to do to get ready for the 150 mile weekend, but I should be fine. This will be my first extended ride since our Natchez Trace excursion we completed last November.

Anyway, the main purpose of this event is to raise money for a worthy cause. Each rider is doing his/her part to round up support, and if you feel so inclined to contribute, you can do so at Daniel's Support Page.

No comments: